HAPPINESS!

 
   Audacious          adjective
showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks

     Sometimes it's good to go back and relive happy days through simple things. For me it was always music, I love it with a exuberance passion. My father was a self taught musician and loved music, sadly I was not gifted with any music abilities but was handed the love for it. It was there in the dark nights alone when I just needed to escape. It was there for the joyful days, mournful days and just the normal days. Many people have come and gone through my life but never music. Yes I out grew some songs and bands but always seemed to find my way back for a short while. 

   I have always thought I had a very strange taste in music. At first it was the typical Disney pop music, then country (very dark time in my life), then it was rock for a long time till my friend showed me a genre called Kpop (Korean pop music). At first I thought it was very strange but got accustomed to it and began to love it. It consumed my life and was all I wanted to listen to, only wanted to watch their variety shows and fangirl over the boy bands. Eventually I fell out of it and returned to my rock music. 

   Suddenly the other day I thought about that music. Remembered how long it had been since listening to in and indulging myself into it. Surprisingly a lot had changed and I somehow still remembered a lot of the lyrics. I felt happy again listening to the cheerful tunes and forgetting why I left it. Could it be because I felt embarrassed? Whenever I would tell someone I liked Kpop they looked at me like I was insane and judged me for liking it. Being brainwashed into thinking other people's opinions matter I gave up on it. Though it made me truly happy (and broke) I gave it up because society said I shouldn't like it. 

   How pathetic is it that I chose the opinions of others rather than what makes me happy. Looking back now I regret it, I was happy and free today. Dancing like a maniac to music I don't really Thunderstand but in a way do. People look at Kpop or any other genre that is not english or spanish even and think it's strange. They think because they can't understand the lyrics that it's bad and don't like it. They dismiss it and never give it a try. Now I'm not sayign to jump on your computer and listen to every non american-ish genre. 

   I think if society stopped making people feel like shit for liking something that isn't "normal" then maybe this idiotic world would be a little happier. Music is a powerful thing and can change you and make you feel things, see things differently. It's a window for many to show their true feelings they don't know how to say. For others it's way to express yourself and feel empowered. I say to those people, do it. If your "strange" music makes you happy and make you feel like the world is in the palm of your hand then please play it louder. Dance like no one is watching and sing louder so the whole world can hear. Don't be afraid to love something. Don't be afraid to be happy.     

Comments

Popular Posts