Work. Chapter 1 " The Beginning of an Enemy'

I thought getting a job would be fun and you'd get many opportunities to do things and meet wonderful people. No. It wasn't like that. It was like high school 2.0 with cliques, enemies and can't forget the weirdos. I know, it sounds horrible, let me start from the beginning. I applied to a store, i won't name this store but it's big, red, "run and done." I was introduced a woman named Nikki. She was cool and nice, then came the tour and blah blah blah.

     Well at this store we have to be sales people (was not part of the job) and had to promote a credit or debit card and get 1 person to sign up EVERY shift, yeah it's bullshit. I was doing great though, getting the sign ups, had friends and money it was fantastic! Fast forward to when I wasn't getting them so much and the higher ups turned on me. I became a routine visit. If we didn't get a sign up we'd do "check-outs" which is basically explaining why we didn't get one.

     One of my immediate superiors for some reason disliked me, now she was/is best friends with miss Nikki. Who as well hated me for no reason, maybe it was the sign up issue but I'll never know. Now she has this way of talking to you like you are below her and you're an idiot, I suffer from depression and extreme low self-esteem, so being talked to that way has a toll on you. I remember once when I had a depression flair up, I felt empty and distant, well of course I didn't get a sign up. I had told her this and that I just I couldn't do it and her response was "No, you just weren't trying." This hit me very hard and I went home crying myself to sleep because of that comment. Ever since then she's hated me and has her minions to watch my every move. It wasn't till I got with my current boyfriend, who she adored, did she start being nice to me and asking how I'm doing and what's going on in my life. I still get shivers whenever she passes by or someone says her name.

     She will always be someone I dislike and distrust.

Comments

Popular Posts