Fading Memories

Today I have put in my 2 weeks at my job. It is a sad day but also stressful and eye opening as to why I am leaving. This job causes stress, anxiety, depression in myself. For so long I had it under control, it was suppressed because I was happy. This place has forced those doors open and let my demons roam free. So why? Why do I feel sadden when thinking of leaving? Maybe it is the friendships I have made, the kind people I have met. Knowing I will no longer see them almost every day, perhaps that could be the cause of this strange feeling. Though I will visit and see them I feel as though it's different. I won't be dealing with them 24/7. My heart aches at the thought but it is my time to go. To escape this place many people call magnificent. They do not see the truth that lies within the walls. The drama and cruelty that basks in the shadows. I will no longer stay hidden but join those in the light, in happiness. I know I will cry my final day but that weight will be gone and those tears of sorrow will be filled with relief. The memories made will last but only for a short while for I will make new ones, happier ones.

Comments

Popular Posts